FINK, DR. FRANK C. , of Pleasant Plains, Ill., is rated as one of the leading medical and surgical practitioners of Sangamon County. He was born at Pleasant Plains June 25, 1880, a son of George W. fink, a pioneer and honored citizen whose biography is given at some length in this work. He was duly graduated from the high school with the class of 1897, and in the fall of that year entered the college at Dixon, Ill., where he took a year's preparatory course in medicine. He then returned to his home and entering College, took the bachelor's degree in English, after which for two years applied himself to studies and was given the B.E. degree, finishing that course in 1899. In the fall of 1900 he entered the medical department of the Washington University, in St. Louis, Mo., where he took a four years' course and was awarded a diploma in 1904. In the summer of that year he began a post-graduate course in diseases of women at the Philadelphia Polyclinic College, later taking a post-graduate course at the Chicago Polyclinic College. His professional studies having been completed, he returned home in December, 1904, to enter the school of practice with accompanying reading and investigation. He established himself in Springfield, in an office with Dr. Langdon, soon advanced to high rank in his profession and was appointed medical examiner for several life insurance companies, for the Modern Woodmen of America, the Modern Fraternity, the American Patriots, the Home defenders, the Knights and Ladies of Security and other beneficiary organizations. His duties both as physician and surgeon became so strenuous and so exacting that, after two years' failing health he was compelled to discontinue his practice and return home for a time. In June, 1907, he located in Waverly, Ill., and there, as at Springfield, he soon built up a large and increasing practice. In 1909 he went to Colorado Springs, Colo., where he practiced hid profession eight months, when he returned home at the request of his aged parents to look after their business interests. He then opened an office at Pleasant Plains, where his successful experiences at Springfield and at Waverly are being repeated, and he has his full share of the professional patronage. He has never ceased to be a student and keeps abreast of the times along professional lines. He has a fine medical library and his office is well equipped with modern apparatus. He is careful in diagnosis and insures the proper action of remedies by compounding his own prescriptions.
Dr. Fink is a member of Lodge No. 700, Ancient Free & Accepted Masons, of Pleasant Plains, and of the Sangamon County Medical Society. As a physician he is known for his exceptional learning, for his painstaking care with patients, and for his success in difficult cases. Perhaps nature intended him for his work. He has a happy faculty of making and retaining friends.